As surface water numerical modeling experts, we operate in highly specialized corner of the engineering world. One of the benefits of such intense specialization is our ability to step in and rapidly meet specific needs through collaboration. We’re often called on to fill a critical project need as a study partner, subcontractor, project lead, or consultant. Examples include:
- Leading a team of consultants in software development for the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Working as a subcontractor providing specialized experience in multi-dimensional modeling for tidal marsh restoration
- Teaming with environmental engineering firms to provide treated effluent dilution modeling to support permit applications
- Collaborating with researchers at the US Geological Survey by developing specialized hydrodynamic, water quality, and particle models
- Collaborating with staff at the San Francisco Estuary Institute and UC Davis under the leadership of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California to develop a 3D numerical model recreating hydrodynamic and salinity conditions in the historical Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta
- Collaborating with biologists at the San Francisco State University Romberg Tiburon Center to develop species-specific algorithms of fish behavior and implementing them in numerical models
RMA is registered as a small business with the US government and the State of California.
Some of our collaborators and teaming partners include:
- CDM Smith Inc.
- Coastal Frontiers Corporation
- Delta Modeling Associates
- Hanson Environmental
- ICF Jones and Stokes
- Jack Benjamin & Associates Inc.
- MBK Engineers
- Riverside Technology
- RMC Water and Environment
- Stillwater Sciences
- SYSTECH Engineering
- WEST Consultants
Public Agencies, Academic, and Research Groups
- BAW, Bundesanstalt für Wasserbau
- California Department of Water Resources
- Delft University of Technology
- San Francisco Estuary Institute
- San Francisco State University-Romberg Tiburon Center
- Stanford University
- United States Geological Survey
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis
If your water-related project requires experts who can apply or develop numerical modeling software, please Contact us to find out how we can provide support.